Friday, November 4, 2011

The Roxy- Another Restaurant Review


The Roxy



In the 7 weeks that I have been living in Portland, I have eaten at The Roxy approximately 9 times. The majority has been in the last week alone. Why? I like the food, the service, and the feel of the whole establishment. For a 24/7 diner, they set standards that in my own opinion can’t be beat. The service at four o’clock in the morning is just as good as the dinnertime rush at seven o’clock, and even at three o’clock in the afternoon.

My favorite meal to eat at The Roxy hands down is The Roxy Melt. This hot sandwich is composed of a hamburger patty with cheese, bacon, avocado, BBQ sauce, lettuce, tomato, and pickles all atop toasted rye bread. I am not a fan of avocado, so I usually order it without, but I had to try it ONCE the way it is supposed to be. It wasn’t bad to be honest. For someone who will not eat avocados, I must admit I couldn’t taste it, and the texture wasn’t bad at all. Also with this sandwich you have your choice of fries, potato salad, salad, or soup. I usually get the fries because there’s something about a hot sandwich needing fries to go alongside it. Price of this meal: $6.45. It will definitely fill you up without breaking the bank.

Now lets talk about the service. I walk in the door, seat myself, and do not have to wait long for someone to come with the menus. With such short handed staff, the servers at The Roxy work like crazy to make sure you get everything you need, and will assist you in any way possible. Even with a full house, my menu and complimentary water is on my table within thirty seconds or less.

Can your favorite place do that?

Aside from the great food and service, this restaurant overall rocks. Seriously, there are always good jams coming out from the jukebox. For a dollar you can pick three songs to play during your meal. Have you ever seen plants in a toaster? Well if you have been to The Roxy you have. All along the shelves inside are white toasters with plants coming out of them. Also, there is a statue of David, who has recently acquired a Viking helmet, and a necklace. There are pictures of actors and actresses, and other celebrities signed and hung on the wall. One night I ate dinner with John Travolta. Yes I did. He sat right behind me on the wall, just staring at me. It was awesome.

Overall, I would give this place a 4.5 out of 5. For an all night diner, the staff at The Roxy make you feel welcomed. The prices are incredible, and the food, is just as incredible. I have been to a few places since I moved here, but I have to say, this is my favorite. If you’re looking for a good time, good food, and great service, you’ll find it at The Roxy located at 1121 SW Stark Street, Portland, Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment