Thursday, August 30, 2012

Moving On

Much to my surprise, I discovered that culinary school is not where I truly wanted to be. Cooking and creating food is my passion and I can't think of anything else that is so therapeutic and relaxing. In my absence from blogging, I have quit school, became a nanny to 4 wonderful kids, moved back in with my parents and am now currently working on both my dream and finding a job. No one said this would be easy and let me tell you, it's not. From now on, I will stay focused on the dream I want and I will pursue it. I have had many dreams and goals, but when I think of this one, I get so excited and can see the opening day. 

Growing up in rural southern Oregon, I have grown to love the beautiful countryside that God has so carefully created. Living in the city, I felt out of place. That's not where I belong and I knew that no matter what I did there in Portland, I would never be truly happy. I think of it as a lizard just going about his business until some kid catches him and puts him in a small tank. That was me. Now I am free and am able to think and process everything.

My goal, my dream, is to be the owner of a bed and breakfast. Nestled out in the country, I can think of nothing more tranquil than being there and away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. To own an establishment that brings people together in the peacefulness of the rural land makes my heart happy. I have always been the person to please people. I love the feeling of making people happy and the greatest reward is when they smile and tell me how thankful they are. It really makes one feel appreciated.

With lots of encouragement, support, and God's grace, I believe that this dream will be my reality. I cannot wait for it to come together. I have estimated that in ten years time, I will be standing at the door, key in hand, about to walk in and start the next chapter of my life. I have already found the *almost* perfect floor plan, I have paint chips and color swatches picked out, I know of the general area I want to have it, I have created a partial menu, and I know how I want it to be decorated and furnished. It may seem like I haven't gotten anything yet, but it's a start and you have to start somewhere.

From now on I will try to post recipes again. I have some amazing recipes from college and I would love to share with you.

Until then, follow me on Facebook. If you have a recipe you want me to try and review, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment