Monday, May 9, 2011

A Cold Remedy

One day while watching The Other End of the Line, I saw in one of the scenes a cold remedy from India. Apparently ginger root, and lemon can really clear a stuffy head. Well I tried the remedy, using my own recipe, and came to find out that it actually works.

If you suffer from allergies, and are congested, you can drink this Indian tea, and clear your head. It's a really simple recipe that actually tastes pretty good. I added a little honey for sweetness, and to help soothe my sore throat. After sipping slowly on my hot beverage, I felt better. My nose ran the whole time, but I gotta say, it really cleared me up!


Indian Cold Remedy- Ginger Lemon Tea

1 small ginger root
1 medium lemon
4 C. water
2 tbsp. honey (or raw sugar if allergic)

1. Cut up ginger root, and place in water in a pot on the stove.
2. Cut lemon into quarters and squeeze the juice into the water. Add the rest of the lemon. The squeezing ensures that most of the lemon juice is out.
3. Boil for 10 minutes.
4. Strain into tea pot or pitcher. Add desired amount of honey.
5. Enjoy, and get better!


If you haven't seen the movie I got this from, it would be a great idea to. Especially if you like love stories. Here's the synopsis:

"A beautiful credit card phone operator lives in India but pretends to be American to her callers. Soon she travels to the United States without telling her family in order to meet a New York man that she's met over the phone. But problems arise when they meet in San Francisco and she decides not to reveal her true identity."

At first I wasn't much interested in watching it because I'm not really a fan of watching movies with actors I don't know. It ended up being really good, and it surprised me.

So go rent it, make some tea, and drink to the movie and to your well being!

Feel free to send me recipes to try or perfect. I will add them to my blog so be careful if you don't want me to unleash the secrets of your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother's chunky corn bread. Check back often to see what else I'm cookin' up!

P.S. I FOUND MY PAULA DEEN RECIPE DIARY!!! Finally!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment