Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tap Rock- A Restaurant Review


Ever wanted to have a nice dinner overlooking a beautiful, and famous river? Ever wanted to go for a stroll after dinner- around the premises of the restaurant? Ever wanted to dine near a waterfall? Well you can.

For today's post, I wanted to do something a little different than the regular recipes you are used to. I decided to do a restaurant review. The restaurant I will be reviewing is a local favorite, Tap Rock Northwest Grill.

I have been here a few times, and thought the overall experience was great. My favorite meal was the Mt. Bachelor Burger. This burger is built with slow-grilled sweet onions and melted Tillamook® Swiss cheese. With crisp lettuce, tomato and Taprock’s burger sauce all for a great price of $9.99. It also came with my choice of fries, cole slaw, or cottage cheese. It ain't a real burger meal if you ain't got the fries right? So I went ahead and got the fries.

Aside from the food, I'd have to say the hostess I had was very friendly, and she made sure everything was perfect. The wait on my meal was about 20 minutes, which is good time considering it isn't fast food. When it got to my table, it was really hot! That doesn't happen often. I usually get warm food.

Below I have posted some pictures of Tap Rock and a brief description.


This is the front view of Tap Rock entering the city of Grants Pass, OR. As you can see, there is plenty of outside patio dining area that wraps around the front of the building and over looks the Rogue River.

Also, to the left, yo
u can see a waterfall. All around the building there are numerous water features.

If you take a walk under the restaurant, there is bronze bear statues and beautiful paintings along with awesome rock features.

After a nice meal, you can take a walk and enjoy the beautiful scenery, and then take a ride on the jet boats! Of course that costs extra, and you'll have to book a reservation with
Hellgate Jet Boat Excursions.



Now this is the main entrance to Tap Rock. The double doors are bronze covered wood. They are VERY heavy. It shows bears and a river, and some trees, most likely evergreens.



Here it is agian, but this time at night with the lights. I wish it had been a better shot so you can see the full detail, but I guess that's why you should come check it out for yourself.







This is one of the many beautiful fireplaces inside the restaurant. The feeling when you walk in is like you are walking into a log cabin.









Here to the left is just a simple salmon meal with sautéed vegetables, and some rice. I'm not a fan of fish, so I haven't eaten it. However, I heard that all the wild salmon, and other seafood dishes like the halibut is really good. So yay if you're a fish eater :)









So after dinner (or before), you can tale a short scenic walk around Tap Rock, and not only view the beautiful and famous Rogue River, but also the amazing features that Tap Rock has to offer.




If you are it the area, please stop by Tap Rock. It is amazing, and you won't regret it. The price is right, the food is good, and the hospitality is something of the rare sort. If you aren't in the area, next time you plan your get away, plan a trip to Grants Pass, Oregon. There's more to do here than just eat at Tap Rock. :) You can find them HERE!

Also, if you are in Poulsbo, Washington, or in the area, be sure to stop and eat at the Tap Rock there!

No comments:

Post a Comment