Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Dream of Smoothies

Before bed last night, I had watched part of Arachnophobia. It was getting late so I turned off the movie and crawled into bed. As I lay there thinking, I realized my dream to follow would most likely involve spiders. I hate spiders as much as the main character Ross does. So I said whatever and went to sleep. Now before I continue with my dream, I would like you to know I did not have a plan for this blog post. I thought over and over about what I should post for today.

Anyways, I'm there, in my dream, being chased by tons of small black spiders.

Just kidding... I was making smoothies. Seriously, smoothies. I am not sure what kind of smoothie I was making, but it wasn't turning out the way it was supposed to. The vanilla ice cream I was using was half frozen milk, and half water. Now I make smoothies every now and then, and half of the time, they end up being failed experiments. I like making new things, but I have a feeling I'm not processing it right in my vita mixer.

I'm certainly no smoothie queen, but I do know a recipe that has yet to fail me. I have made this smoothie oh I don't know, about a thousand times at the least. Here it is:


Peach Smoothie

1 C. Cold Milk
1 C. Cold Peaches (fresh or canned)
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 Drops of Almond Extract
1 C. Vanilla Ice Cream

1. Put all ingredients except vanilla ice cream into your blender. Cover and process at Liquefy until smooth (or Frappe depending on the blender).
2. Stop and add the vanilla ice cream, cover and process at Puree for 3-5 seconds (or Whip).
3. Enjoy!

This recipe makes two servings. Also, if you don't like peaches, add 1 cup of your favorite fruit. For a mixed berry smoothie, add 1/3 cup raspberries, 1/3 cup blackberries, and 1/3 cup strawberries. Experiment and find out what you like best!


So there you have it, a wonderful recipe for a wonderful drink! Now go try it, and smile because it's good :)

Feel free to send me recipes to try or perfect. I will add them to my blog so be careful if you don't want me to unleash the secrets of your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother's chunky corn bread. Check back often to see what else I'm cookin' up!

No comments:

Post a Comment