Monday, April 11, 2011

Stressed spelled backwards is Desserts

I'm not entirely sure if crepes are a breakfast item or a dessert item... I loved crepes from the moment I took one sniff of the amazing creation in my culinary class. I had never had one before then. That day, we made apple filled crepes and I must say, it was a little bit of heaven.

Anyhoo... I have this easy recipe that makes for amazingly yummy apple crepes. If you don't like apples, try peaches, strawberries, or blueberries.


Apple Crepes

3 Eggs
2 tbsp. Flour
2 tbsp. Milk (or Water)
1 tbsp. Margarine or Butter
Pinch of Salt

Directions

1.Whip egg and milk together. Add the salt and flour.
2. Heat frying pan on medium heat and add margarine or butter to the pan. Melt all the way.
3. Pour 1/8 cup crepe batter into hot pan and swirl so batter covers only the bottom of the pan.Cook until the batter turns light yellow.
4. Loosen edges with a spatula.
5. Flip over and cook for about 30 seconds.
6. Remove and place onto a plate.
7. Repeat those steps until all of the batter is used. Should make around 4.

Apple Filling

3 Apples
3 tbsp. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
2 tbsp. Margarine or Butter.

1. Wash apples and cut out core.
2. Dice into small pieces.
3. Add sugar and cinnamon into heated frying pan with the margarine or butter.
4. Add the apple chunks to the syrup. Cook until thick and caramelized.
5. Add apple mixture to each crepe, and roll it up like a burrito, without closing the ends.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or top with whip cream, and Enjoy!

Be careful not to rip the crepes. If one starts tearing, you may have too much filling and need to take some out.

Feel free to send me recipes to try or perfect. I will add them to my blog so be careful if you don't want me to unleash the secrets of your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother's chunky corn bread. Check back often to see what else I'm cookin' up!

No comments:

Post a Comment